Our Meat Free Monday recipe this week is for a delicious vegan Nutella alternative from our friends over at Vegan Punks. It’s super quick and easy to make, so you’ll have a hazelnutty, chocolatey topping for your toast in no time!
250g roasted hazelnuts
25g cacao or cocoa powder
120ml non-dairy milk
2 tbsp vanilla extract
5 tbsp maple syrup
¼ tsp salt
- Rub the hazelnuts between a couple of pieces of damp kitchen roll to get the skins off.
- Put the hazelnuts in a blender or food processor, and blend until you have smooth hazelnut butter.
- Add all the other ingredients to the blender and blend until everything is mixed and smooth.
- Taste and see if you need to add more of any of the ingredients to make it sweeter or more chocolatey.
- Pop it in a jar ready to enjoy!