Sweet potato, ginger and coconut soup
This week’s Meat Free Monday recipe is for a hearty soup, ideal for warming you up in the cold winter weather!
1 large white onion1 tbsp oil (preferably coconut)
3 cloves garlic
1 thumb sized piece of ginger
1 tsp chilli flakes
700g sweet potato, cubed
1 can of coconut milk
600ml of veg stock/broth
1 tbsp of tamari/soy sauce
Juice of ½ lime/lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Handful of coriander (optional)
- Cook the onion in the oil for about five minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli flakes and fry for a further two minutes.
- Add in the chopped sweet potato, along with the coconut milk and stock, and let it simmer until the potato is soft.
- Add in the tamari/soy sauce and lime/lemon juice.
- Blend the soup and serve with optional coriander, a drizzle of oil, lime and chilli flakes.