Ecotricity #1 energy company in Which? customer survey
Green energy supplier Ecotricity has secured first place in the 2015 Energy Customer Satisfaction Survey conducted by consumer champion Which?.
Ecotricity have topped the survey for the last two years and even improved on last year’s 82% score, moving to an industry leading 84% in 2015 – and that’s despite almost doubling their customer numbers in just 12 months to over 150,000.
Celebrating their 20th anniversary in 2015, Ecotricity were praised for having “100% renewable electricity, for receiving the lowest number of complaints in the industry, having a simple tariff structure and a discount for electric vehicle owners”.
The research by consumer champion Which? reveals the average customer score for all energy companies in Britain is only 48% and the worst energy companies are Scottish Power with 41% and npower on 35%.
The Which? Energy Satisfaction Survey was carried out between 29th September and 16th October 2014, with a total of 9,404 UK adults who are responsible for their household energy bills, asked if they would recommend their energy supplier across five categories:
- Customer service
- Value for money
- Accuracy & Clarity of bills
- Helping you to save energy
Ecotricity founder Dale Vince said people power was bringing change in the energy industry with two million people deserting the Big Six energy companies in the past 12 months.
Vince said: "At Ecotricity, we have three principal attractions: the greenest energy, the best customer service, and an ethical pricing policy that means every customer gets our best price, regardless of how they pay or when they joined us.
"Customer service begins with answering the phone quickly and ends with keeping your promises.
"Coming top of the Which? customer survey enforces the fact we have the fewest complaints in the industry – there is no hiding from the raw data. Companies that trade only on price and forget customer service are making a mistake.
"Our customers are at the heart of everything we do at Ecotricity – they are our focus and we intend to stay at the top of the table."
Which? executive director, Richard Lloyd, said: "For the fourth year running, smaller suppliers are wiping the floor with the Big Six on customer service. The large energy firms, which dominate the market, need to up their game as millions of customers deserve better."
- Between 29th September and 16th October 2014, Which? asked a total of 9,404 UK bill-paying adults about their energy suppliers. Companies were scored on a range of criteria, including value for money, customer service, complaints handling, clarity and accuracy of bills and how they help their customers to save energy. Customer scores are based on overall satisfaction and the likelihood of recommending the company to a friend. Results are weighted by the number of domestic accounts each company supplies, based on data from energy firms. We featured energy companies where we had a response size of 30 of their customers or more.
- Ecotricity came top of the survey with a score of 84% and achieve 5 stars for Customer Service, Accuracy and Clarity of Bills, Complaints, Helping you to save energy; and four stars for Value for Money (no company got 5 stars).
- Full table of results from 2015 survey – they can also be found online: www.which.co.uk/energy/saving-money/reviews-ns/energy-companies-reviewed