Peanut baked tofu
Whether you’re vegan, trying to reduce your meat intake, or you’re just trying to be a little healthier – this recipe from Maddie in our Projects Team for a peanut baked tofu is delicious.
1 block of firm tofu
¼ cup peanut butter
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp sweetener (such as maple syrup)
2 tsp sesame oil
1-2 tbsp chilli powder/paste depending on how much spice you like
1 small lime/lemon
2 tsp of minced ginger
1 tbsp garlic cloves
Brown/wild rice (optional)
Mixture of sautéed vegetables (optional)
- Press your tofu for about 30 minutes, by placing it between several sheets of kitchen roll and popping something heavy on top. This drains any excess water and makes for deliciously crispy tofu.Then cut it into cubes.
- Put all the ingredients (apart from the optional ingredients) into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Add the tofu to the mixture, and allow it to marinate.
- Transfer the tofu cubes to a baking tray, leaving the remaining sauce that has stuck to it. Bake in oven at 180C for 30-35 minutes, turning the tofu halfway through.
- Combine the remaining sauce with 3-4 tbsp of water and bring this to boil in a saucepan.
- Serve the tofu and sauce over rice and sautéed vegetables.
Updated: 09 April 2019