Black bean brownies
This week’s Meat Free Monday recipe is for deliciously gooey brownies. Although they’re a sweet treat, they do contain some healthy stuff too. Plus, they’re super easy to make – all you need to do is chuck your ingredients in a food blender. What could be easier?
1 can of black beans (when drained they should weigh 240g)
Half an avocado
200g brown sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut oil
Pinch of salt
150g vegan dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and line and grease a baking tray.
- Drain the beans and rinse them. Put the beans, avocado, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla extract, coconut oil and salt in a food blender.
- Melt 120g of the dark chocolate, then add to the blender.
- Mix the ingredients in the blender for 1-2 minutes.
- Put the mixture in the baking tray.
- Cut the remaining chocolate into pieces and place it evenly over the brownies, pushing them into the mixture slightly.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes. For very gooey brownies, take them out of the oven slightly early.
- Allow the brownies to cool before taking them out of the tin and chopping into pieces.