Meat-Free Monday – Christmas recipe #2
It’s the second Meat Free Monday of December, so we’re bringing you a sumptuous side to accompany your vegan Christmas dinner! Here’s our guide to making the perfect roasted Christmas veggies.
The perfect Christmas vegetables
Vegetables to roast – you can choose whichever vegetables you like, but our favourites are four carrots, four parsnips, two sweet potatoes and one suede.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vegan margarine
Salt and pepper
Handful of almonds
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Peel and chop your vegetables into even sized chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a roasting tray or dish, and then add the vegetables.
- Sprinkle some salt over and cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn the vegetables and cook for another 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, roughly chop the sprouts.
- Put the almonds in a frying pan with some oil and lightly toast them, being careful they don’t burn.
- Add the chopped sprouts, vegan margarine, salt and pepper and fry until the sprouts are soft.
- Serve your sprouts alongside the roasted veg, ready to accompany your vegan Christmas dinner.