Banana Bake Off
We’ve got another great recipe for you from the Forest Green Rover’s kitchen – a sweet, sticky banana and toffee tarte tatin.
This upside down, puff pastry dish is delightful - especially topped with vegan whipped cream.
To make the tart you'll need:
500g vegan pastry (jus roll is perfect for this)
100g granulated sugar
75g vegan margarine
And for the toffee sauce:
100g soft brown sugar
50g vegan margarine
175ml oat cream
80g creamed coconut block.
Method for the tart:
- Preheat your oven to 180c. Line a metal handled frying pan with baking parchment.
- Brush the parchment with a generous layer of margarine and cover with a sprinkle of sugar.
- Slice the banana and arrange the slices around the bottom of the pan covering the parchment.
- Roll the pastry out so that it’s an inch wider than the frying pan.
- Place the pastry gently on top of the bananas, tucking the edges in around the sides.
- Cook in the oven for 25 mins.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for a couple of minutes. Place a serving plate on top of the pastry and turn the tart out onto the plate.
Method for the toffee sauce:
This couldn’t be simpler – melt the margarine and brown sugar in a non stick pan, then add the cream and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the tart and get stuck in!