1. Starting a charge session
- Firstly, make sure your vehicle is fully switched off
- The electricity pump screen will show “Welcome! To charge your car use the Electric Highway smartphone app”
- Then simply use the car charging app to begin charging. You'll need to follow the instructions until you're prompted to scan the QR codes (or enter the location ID manually) found on the front of the charging pump.
- Using the app, select which connector to use to charge your vehicle.
- You'll then be prompted to confirm the stored card to use to pay for the charging session.
- Follow the instructions on the charging pump screen, to see how to connect your vehicle.
- Connect the cable to your vehicle. There is no mechanism to lock the cable into place, therefore you may find that you need to firmly push the connector into your vehicle and hold the weight of the cable off the ground to ensure the connection is fully made
- To start the charge, simply press one of the buttons on either side of the “Start Charging” band shown on the pump screen.
- After checking your vehicle’s dashboard (where applicable) to confirm charging is in progress, you're then able to leave your vehicle. You'll be able to view the progress of your charging session on your app.
2. Ending a charge session
- Once the charge has ended, “Your charge session is complete” will be shown on your app screen. At this point you can return to your vehicle to disconnect the charging cable.
- Follow the instructions on the charging pump screen to disconnect your vehicle.
- Simply hang the charger back up and press one ofthe buttons on either side of the “Return to Start” band shown on the chargerscreen. You can then use the app to indicate you have disconnected from the pump.
- You can then use the app to indicate you have disconnected from the pump. You'll then see a screen summarising your payment.
- You'll then be emailed a receipt.
If you want to finish your charging session early:
- On your app, select ‘Stop session early’.
- You’ll be prompted to check that you’re sure youwant to finish early, as you still need to pay for the session you have used so far.
- Once you've confirmed finishing your session early, you can then follow the instructions on the charging pump screen to disconnect your vehicle (and the remaining steps above).
Download the app
The must-have app for electric car drivers. Gives you access to Britain’s only national network of electricity pumps – the Electric Highway.