Our environmental policy
Ecotricity’s mission is to bring about sustainability in all walks of life, and through that combat climate change.
We focus on the three biggest contributing sectors; Energy, Transport and Food - which between them account for the majority of everybody’s personal carbon footprint. These are the focus of our business activities, in terms of providing solutions and alternatives - they are also the focus of our communications, which is a key way in which we seek to bring change. This is also our focus when looking at the environment impact of our own activities.
And while we believe that actions will always speak louder than words, we acknowledge that sometimes words are required – so here are the main principles that guide us – our environmental policy if you like:
- We seek maximum environmental gain for minimum environmental impact - in all that we do
- We intend to continually reduce our own environmental impact
- In any apparent conflict between the environment and money, we put the environment first
- We take into account ethical and social issues, biodiversity, and sustainability when making all strategic and operational decisions
- We encourage behavioural change, both within our organisation and without
- We will not work with organisations directly involved in: factory farming, animal slaughter, animal testing, arms, tobacco, nuclear power, fracking, GMOs, or anything else we consider to be unethical, immoral or just plain wrong.
To help us achieve our goals we will develop and maintain an environmental management system (EMS). Within this we’ll set ourselves targets and pursue continual improvement of the system and of our environmental performance. We are (it has to be said) committed to protecting the environment, preventing pollution and fulfilling all of our compliance obligations.
Last reviewed 4 April 2019
If you would like to find out more about Ecotricity’s environmental performance please have a look at our Environmental Statement 2018: