ecobonds are a radical idea with a simple ambition: to give people the opportunity to share in the financial benefits of the green energy revolution.
We’ve issued four ecobonds so far, raising almost £56m between them – they have been a massive boost to our mission to change the way energy is made and used in Britain, and they have enabled customers and the wider public to benefit from each new phase of our work.
You can see some of the great projects we’ve built using the money from our ecobonds below:
- A new windmill in Cardiff, which now powers Pinewood Studios on the site
- A sun park that we combined with one of our wind parks to make what we understand to be the UK’s first hybrid energy park
- A third windmill to power Ford’s diesel engine factory at Dagenham
- Two big windmills to power the Michelin tyre factory in Ballymena, Northern Ireland
- Four windmills at our Galsworthy site in Devon
- Nine windmills powering our customers’ homes in Dalby, Leicestershire
- A new windmill greening up Britain’s construction industry at H+H Pollington, Yorkshire
- A windmill to power the RSPB’s HQ, The Lodge, and nature reserve in Bedfordshire
- A windmill at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Norfolk – our first public sector windmill
- We’re building three new windmills at Alveston in Gloucestershire
You can find more details on these projects and all the others we’re working on in the Our Green Energy section of our website.
None of this would be possible without the people who invest in our ecobonds – and we'd like to thank them for their support.